- Purpose: to investigate about the effect of using gates glidden and peeso reamers as an axillary aids to hand instrumentation.
- N= 100 MAX and Mand molars.
- All canal preparations were done by 1 endodontist. Teeth divided into 4 groups.
- G1: K-files were used. Mesial roots were enlarged to size 30-35 in curves roots, 40 in straight roots. Distal and palatal roots to size 55.
- G2: canals enlarged to size 25, size 1 peeso reamer was used to curvature/4-6 mm into orifice. Apical preparation the same as G1.
- G3: like group 2 but size 1 gates glidden was used. G4: rotary instrumentation done.
- Silicon rubber was injected in all teeth. Then decalcified . Photographs were taken from M,D, and B view.
Most highlighted Results:
- The time required to complete the instrumentation was (19 min in rotary) and (30 min in hand). Gp 2 had the best scores in the specific and overall quality followed by Gp 3 then Gp 1 then Gp 4.
- All 4 methods forced debris through the apex.