- Compare the differences between nonsurgical root canal treatment and single-tooth implants.
- An extensive search of the dental literature was accomplished to identify publications related to the differences in root canal therapy and dental implants.
- Success / survival rates for implants and RCT are similar
- Tooth retention through RCT and restoration or tooth replacement with an implant resulted in superior clinical outcomes psychologically than did extraction without replacement.
- Endodonticallytreated teeth are associated with less complications and procedural interventions than implant-supported crowns and that complications associated with implant failure significantly impact a patient more negatively than when endodontically treated teeth fail.
- From an economic point of view, endodontic treatment might be a more favorable treatment option compared with implant-supported crowns.
With the reviewed information in hand, the practitioner should be better prepared to determine which treatment option is most appropriate for each individual patient.