Evaluate the frequency of dentinal microcracks observed after root canal preparation with 2 reciprocating and a conventional full sequence rotary system using micro–computed tomographic analysis.
- N= 30 mesial roots of mandibular first molars
- The samples were randomly assigned to 3 experimental groups (n = 10) according to the system used for the root canal preparation: group A—Reciproc, group B—WaveOne and group C—BioRaCe. Second and third scans were taken after the root canals were prepared with instruments sizes 25 and 40, respectively. Then, pre- and postoperative cross-section images of the roots were screened to identify the presence of dentinal defects.
1.Dentinal microcracks were observed in:
- 8.72% (n = 5697) – Group A (Reciproc)
- 11.01% (n = 7197) – Group B (WaveOne)
- 7.91% (n = 5169) – Group C (BioRaCe)
No causal relationship between dentinal microcrack formation and canal preparation procedures with Reciproc, WaveOne, and BioRaCe systems was observed.