Purpose: to determine the healing rates of teeth treated endodontically with Resilon root filling observed radiographically over time.
on= 82 teeth with a primary RCT tx by 16 dentist
- Teeth were treated in a non-standardized protocol and filled with Reslion (35% synthetic polyester with 65% fillers).
- Follow up radiographs after 1 year of tx.
- PAI and clinical impression of healing CIH (healed, healing, or not healed; as evaluated by 3 examiners) were used to evaluate the clinical outcome.
Most highlighted Results:
- 90% of teeth that had healthy PAI (1-2) maintained the condition at follow up.
- The healed and healing rate for the unhealthy teeth (PAI 3-5) was 73.3%.
- The proportion of healthy or healing with the CIH evaluation was 89.4%.
healing rates for Resilon-filled teeth were within the range of success rates for studies with uniform treatment techniques with gutta-percha root filling.