•Purpose: to assess the treatment results of endodontic therapy using a glass ionomer cement sealer (Ketac-Endo) and to relate the results to various clinical factors.
•N= 478 teeth.
- The preoperative condition was classified according to preoperative information records.
- All of the teeth were treated using a standardized protocol with hand instruments and 0.5% NaOCL irrigation. Canals were enlarged to minimum size #35 to 1 mm short of the radiographic apex.
- Ketac-Endo was placed in the canal with a Lentulo spiral. Obturation tech. (320 single cone) and (58 LC).
- All teeth were temporized with cavit or GIC.
- the patients were recalled 6 to 18 months after treatment, , and clinical and radiographic follow-up examinations were performed.
Most highlighted Results:
•Overall, 78.3% were classified as a treatment success, 15.6% as incomplete healing, and 6.1% as a failure.
•Statistically significant differences in treatment results were found between teeth with single and multiple canals, primary treatment and retreatment, vital and nonvital teeth, teeth with and without periapical and teeth with and without symptoms. Tabels.
These treatment results supported the clinical use of Ketac-Endo as an acceptable endodontic sealer.